RA Arthritis Free For Life Pages

Total Knee Replacement for arthritis pain relief?


Are you willing to go for surgery to replace your knee to stop arthritis? I will unless I’m young. If I’m more than 50 years old, I might not go for the surgery. My dad is about 80 years old and both his knees have problems. The knee arthritis strikes every time he tries to stand up. Given his age and his condition, a knee surgery is unlikely. I am impressed with the knee replacement surgery but still we have to consider the quality of life after the surgery. At least the patient has to be strong enough to recover from the surgery. Between accepting the arthritis pain and going for a knee replacement, my dad definitely will say “This little pain is not going to affect my daily life, no point having the surgery.”

No comments: